1 Create a ZoomGrants™ account (below) or log in to your existing account (above) 2 Select a Program to apply for, then click the Apply button to get started 3 Answer the questions and/or fill in the fields in each tab 4 If necessary, upload any requested documents 5 Submit your application and wait for a decision 6 If you are selected to receive funding, you might be required to submit invoices or reports through your application
Answers are saved automatically when you leave each field.
Turn SPELL-CHECKING on. Your browser probably has it, might as well use it.
Copying/pasting data works best when you are pasting UNFORMATTED text. (Bullets and other special characters do not transfer and are usually replaced with question marks.)
When you paste data into a field, the character count will be inaccurate until you add/delete at least one character.
Log out and come back at any time to continue your work, but be sure to finish and submit before the deadline.
The 21st Judicial District Victims and Witnesses Assistance and Law Enforcement (VALE) Board announces the estimated availability of $400,000 in local VALE grant funds. All applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. (PST), September 3, 2019 in the ZoomGrants grants management system. Staff will not be available after 4:00 p.m. on September 3, 2019 to answer questions.
ELIGIBILITY The Board is authorized to enter into contracts for the purchase and coordination of victims and witnesses assistance services with persons or agencies that he Board deems appropriate. Per statutes, to be eligible for VALE funding an applicant must:
provide services within the 21st Judicial District and
provide assistance or services to victims of crime, special advocate services or
be a law enforcement agency requesting funds for the following purposes, including but not limited to, equipment, training programs and additional personnel that are directly related to the implementation of rights afforded to crime victims pursuant to § 24-4.1-302.5 C.R.S. and the provision of services delineated pursuant to §24-4.1-303 and §24-4.1-303(13.5) C.R.S..
not be a state agency with the exception of: o The court executive for each judicial district for the purpose of collecting all moneys assessed by the courts, and collecting and disbursing restitution owed to victims; and o The local probation department may apply for grants for the purpose of implementing the rights of victims pursuant to §24-4.1-303(13.5).
acknowledge in writing that such agency or persons assigned to the grant has read and understands the rights afforded to crime victims pursuant to §24-4.1-302.5 C.R.S. and the services delineated pursuant to §24-4.1-303 C.R.S. and §24-4.1-304 C.R.S..
ORAL PRESENTATION All grant applicants must make an oral presentation to the VALE Board. Applicants will be notified of the presentation date and time in writing, after grant submission.
By entering your initials here you certify this submission truthfully and accurately represents your application and is hereby submitted for review. Submission of this application does not, in any way, guarantee that your application will yield a favorable result.
Submission of this application also
indicates your agreement to the
of using ZoomGrants™.
Some fields are still empty...
must first create a new account or
login to an existing account to save
(answers are saved automatically when you move to another field)
Project Name/Project Title
Amount Requested Enter the total amount of grant funds requested for this application. Please round to the nearest dollar.
(changes to this data will be reflected on all other applications for this organization)
Create an Organization
Additional Contacts for this Application Additional Contacts will be copied on all emails sent to the application owner regarding this application. Enter ONLY email addresses separated by a comma. No names. No titles. No phone numbers.
(answers are saved automatically when you move to another field)
Detailed instructions for answering each application question have been provided in the 2019 Application Guidelines and Instructions Document, which can be found under the Library tab or at https://vale.mesacounty.us .
ADDITIONAL APPLICANT INFORMATION
1. Is the applicant agency "Doing Business As" (DBA) under a parent company/unit of government?
2. Organization Legal Name/Entity Name: Enter the Legal Entity name here. If your agency is a DBA, the Legal name will be different than the Applicant Name. If your agency is NOT a DBA, then the Applicant Name and Legal Entity Name will be the same.
3. Legal Entity Physical Address Enter the Legal Entity Street Address, City, State, Zip
4. Applicant Type
5. AGENCY DESCRIPTION: Please provide a brief, concise description of your agency/organization. Briefly describe your purpose or mission statement, types of clients your agency serves, and services offered by the agency.
6. POPULATION SERVED: Enter the number of unduplicated crime victims your agency will serve during the 2020 grant cycle ( 01/01/2020 - 12/31/2020). Count each victim only once based upon the predominant crime type.
7. OTHER VICTIMS NOT LISTED IN QUESTION #6.
List the type and number of victims of crime that are included in the figure you entered in the "Other" field. If "0" was entered in the "Other" field, please enter N/A below.
8. CRIME VICTIM DEFINITION & DETAILS: What is your agency's definition of a crime victim for the purposes of this grant request? Describe how you identify the defined crime victims who will qualify for services under this grant request. Be sure to describe the process you use to count the defined crime victims, i.e. victims served vs number of services provided, how do you avoid double counting?
PROJECT NEED AND DESIGN
9. PROBLEM STATEMENT: Describe the problem the proposed project intends to address. Use factual data, identify and substantiate the specific need(s) of crime victims in the 21st JD that will be addressed by the grant funded project/personnel. This section refers to a community problem/need in the 21st JD. Use current & local statistics for Mesa County.
10. PROJECT DESCRIPTION: Outline grant funded services to be provided to victims of crime in the 21st JD that address the need identified in Question #9. NEW APPLICANTS: Identify other 21st JD agencies that support this proposal. The information provided about the requested project/personnel should make a logical connection between your organization and the problem. Describe only that part of your program for which you are requesting funding.
11. PROJECT TIMELINE AND WORK PLAN: Please provide a timeline/work plan for project. This refers only to time specific or time sensitive areas of the project (i.e. equipment purchase, attendance at in-state training, hiring of new staff, etc.) Please see the Guidelines and Instructions document for additional instructions about information to include in this section. If you are requesting funds solely for existing staff salaries for ongoing service provision, enter N/A.
12. COORDINATION OF SERVICES: Are there other agencies in the 21st Judicial District which provide similar services to crime victims? Describe the other agencies that provide similar services and how you currently or will coordinate services with these programs in order to reduce the possibility of duplication of services.
13. AGENCY VICTIM RIGHTS ACT RESPONSIBILITIES: Does your agency have a statutory mandate to victims under the Victim Rights Act? Refer to statute for clarification if needed.
14. Which statute(s) applies to the services to victims and witnesses of crime provided by your agency as part of this project: §24-4.1-302.5 C.R.S. (VRA), §24-4.1-303 (VRA), §24-4.1-304 (VRA), or §24.4.2-105 (4)(VALE)? Describe the services you will provide as part of this grant that are mandated in the Victim Rights Act or are listed as statutorily eligible in the VALE statute. Be sure to address all applicable statutes.
15. How will this project address the guidelines for assuring the rights of victims and witnesses pursuant to C.R.S. §24-4.1-303? Describe the efforts of your agency to ensure that the crime victims served by your agency fully understand the rights afforded to them by the constitutional amendment. If §24-4.1-303 C.R.S. does not apply to your project enter N/A.
16. What type of Victim Right's Act training that has been provided to you staff/volunteers? In addition to describing the Victim Rights Acts training received, include the name and title of the person who provided the training and the date of the training.
17. What type of Crime Victim Compensation training has been provided to your staff/volunteers? In addition to listing the type of Crime Victim Compensation training received, include the name and title of the person who provided the training and the date of the training.
PROJECT CONTACTS AND OFFICIALS
18. PROJECT DIRECTOR: NAME Please enter First & Last Name, Job Title, & Agency. This is the person who will be responsible for the implementation of the project and will serve as the primary contact if the grant request is funded.
19. PROJECT DIRECTOR: EMAIL & PHONE NUMBER
20. FINANCIAL OFFICER: NAME Please enter First & Last Name, Job Title, & Agency. This is the person who is responsible for all financial matters related to the grant, if funded.
21. FINANCIAL OFFICER: EMAIL & PHONE NUMBER
22. AUTHORIZED OFFICIAL: NAME Please enter First & Last Name, Job Title, & Agency. This is the person who is, by virtue of their position, authorized to enter into contracts for the agency.
23. AUTHORIZED OFFICIAL: EMAIL & PHONE NUMBER
24. PRIMARY CONTACT: NAME Please enter First & Last Name, Job Title, & Agency. This is the person we will contact if we have questions about your grant application. This is often the same person listed as Project Director, but not always.
25. PRIMARY CONTACT: EMAIL & PHONE NUMBER
26. VICTIM SERVICES FUNDING: What percentage of your agency budget is used for services to crime victims?
27. TRACKING FUNDS: Describe how your agency tracks funds and services to ensure that it is not using VALE funds to provider services which could be or have been paid for by Crime Victim Compensation. Describe your agency's process to verify whether services can be paid for by Crime Victim Compensation.
28. DIVERSIFICATION OF FUNDING: Describe the sources of funding that you have solicited or plan to solicit (government, local VALE, foundations, etc.) for this project. This includes fundraising events/campaigns.
29. SUSTAINABILITY PLAN: If this project is to continue beyond the grant award period, please identify how the project will be funded in the future.
PLEASE REPORT ON YOUR ENTIRE AGENCY REVENUES AND EXPENDITURES FOR THE LAST COMPLETED FISCAL YEAR.
The section provides five budget category subheadings for all 21st Judicial District VALE grant expenses. If the applicant agency is requesting a line item that does not fit into one of the five budget category subheadings listed, please contact the VALE Program Administrator before submitting the grant application.
Funding Uses/Expenses will include ONLY the specific line items being requested for 21st Judicial District VALE Project/Personnel funding consideration. The Budget Narrative will utilize the same five category subheadings as the line item budget. Expenses requested in each category subheading require a corresponding justification and explanation of calculation in the Budget Narrative.
List all 2019 sources of revenue for your agency.
List the projected revenue for 2020.
Provide the percentage of agency personnel to be funded in 2020 by each revenue source listed. Please disregard the $ label in that column and enter the percentage number. The total for that column must equal 100.
Provide the number of agency personnel to be funded in 2020 by each revenue source. Please disregard the $ label in that column.
Identify what projected 2020 increase or decrease is anticipated for each revenue source listed.
2019 Funds Receivied
2020 Funds (Projected)
% of 2020 Agency Services Funded
# of 2020 Agency Personnel Funded
2020 Increase/Decrease (Projected)
Total $ 0.00
Total $ 0.00
Total $ 0.00
Total $ 0.00
Total $ 0.00
All Funding Expenses must be directly related to the goals and objectives of the VALE funded Project/Personnel.
Grant applicants MUST EXPLAIN CLEARLY the basis for the line item request in the Budget Narrative. This is done by showing calculations used to determine the grant expense of the line item. Refer to the Grant Guidelines for more information on completing this section of the grant application.
Each item must be listed and be accompanied by a description that provides justification for the budget items and details the basis for determining the cost of each item. See instructions for further information.
Goals & Objectives: These are the elements against which the project will be evaluated and which will be used to report quarterly and final progress. Using the format below; provide project/program goal(s), objectives, outcomes, measurement and time-frame. See instructions for further information.
Project Evaluation: How will you evaluate whether or not this project hast its stated goals and objectives? State specifically the methods you will use to collect the impact data. Please refer to your goals and objective section to determine your evaluation measures. Each objective listed in the section above should be measurable and have an evaluation plan.