Application content questions should be directed to the City of McKinney staff using the "Contact Admin" button above. Application input/technical questions should be directed to ZoomGrants at Questions@ZoomGrants.com. The City of McKinney makes funds available to nonprofit organizations to assist in providing housing and services to McKinney residents consistent with the City’s 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan of Housing and Community Development Needs. Funds are received from federal sources, as well as the City of McKinney General Fund. Application deadline: April 9, 2021 at 11:59 PM. Must be submitted through grant portal. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The two sources of funding for the Consolidated Grants Application process are described below:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). CDBG funds are available for eligible projects that provide services predominately to low-to-moderate income persons. A maximum of 15% of the total amount of CDBG funds made available to the City of McKinney (through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) each year may be used for public services. CDBG funds must be directed toward eligible Consolidated Plan strategies as adopted in the 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan. The minimum grant request must be $5,000 per application. Priority will be given to applications meeting Consolidated Plan outcome measures. The program year begins October 1, 2021, and normally must be spent by September 30, 2022. Funds may be available for services to prevent, or prepare for COVID-19 impacts. Contact staff for questions.
- Community Support Grant (CSG). In addition to CDBG funds, the City of McKinney allocates funds to public service agencies through Community Support Grants. Funding is available to non-profit community support agencies that provide activities, programs, and services to residents of McKinney. Organizations, which can be reasonably categorized under the heading of providing a public service that promotes the health, safety and welfare of McKinney residents may be eligible for funding. The Community Support Grant (CSG) provides the flexibility to apply for funding under the following priority of needs based on service impacts to the community, duplication of services from other agencies, other sources of agency funding and presentation critique. Funds for this grant come from the City of McKinney’s General Fund. All funding of Community Support organizations will occur during the budget process. Off-budget-cycle funding may be granted in the rare instance that additional funds become available during the grant cycle. The minimum grant request that an agency may make, per application, is $3,000. There is no maximum grant award amount. . Grant priorities are as follows:
- Basic Needs: including Food and clothing, Housing and Shelter, Non-financial Assistance
- Health and Medical Treatment: Including Mental Health
- Housing: Financial Assistance
- Transportation: The sole service being provided
Both grants are competitive and will be reviewed by the Community Grants Advisory Commisson. Applicants may submit a maximum of two applications, per grant program for a total of four separate applications. Minimum applications under CDBG must be $5,000 and agencies must be in existance for at least three (3) years from the date of February 25, 2021. CSG applicants for consideration must be in existance for at least one (1) year from the date of the application and each request must be at minimum of $3,000.
Assistance will be available February 26, 2021 through April 8, 2021 at 4:00 PM CST. No assistance will be available on deadline day. Contact email@example.com. Current or past applicants of each program are not guaranteed funding. Funds encumbered prior to the start of the grant year are not eligible grant expenses. Purchase of equipment is generally ineligible, including but not limited to, fixtures, motor vehicles, furnishings, or other personal property not an integral structural fixture. For more complete information on grant restrictions and requirements, see other documents in the Library Tab of this application.