1 Create a ZoomGrants™ account (below) or log in to your existing account (above) 2 Select a Program to apply for, then click the Apply button to get started 3 Answer the questions and/or fill in the fields in each tab 4 If necessary, upload any requested documents 5 Submit your application and wait for a decision 6 If you are selected to receive funding, you might be required to submit invoices or reports through your application
Answers are saved automatically when you leave each field.
Turn SPELL-CHECKING on. Your browser probably has it, might as well use it.
Copying/pasting data works best when you are pasting UNFORMATTED text. (Bullets and other special characters do not transfer and are usually replaced with question marks.)
When you paste data into a field, the character count will be inaccurate until you add/delete at least one character.
Log out and come back at any time to continue your work, but be sure to finish and submit before the deadline.
By entering your initials here you certify this submission truthfully and accurately represents your application and is hereby submitted for review. Submission of this application does not, in any way, guarantee that your application will yield a favorable result.
Submission of this application also
indicates your agreement to the
of using ZoomGrants™.
* 1. I certify that I am authorized to submit this application on behalf of the agency. * 2. I certify all information contained in the application is accurate. * 3. I acknowledge that any resulting contract and grant award will include significant state requirements that will have to be adhered to during the grant period. * 4. I have added "firstname.lastname@example.org" as a collaborator to this application.
Some fields are still empty...
must first create a new account or
login to an existing account to save
If Organizational information has already been reviewed by DCJ in a prior grant, DO NOT CHANGE the Organizational information without first consulting Gillian Trickett at DCJGMS@state.co.us). Changing information that has already been validated may result in a delay in processing payments or other aspects of your grant application.
DCJ must collect and validate additional organizational information prior to contracting of approved Grants. It is critical have the correct legal entity information. Incorrect information could cause delays in processing of the Grant Agreement and/or payment processing.
1. Legal Entity Name Enter the Legal Entity Name here. If your agency is a DBA, the Legal name will be different than the Applicant Name. If your agency is NOT a DBA, then the Applicant Name and Legal Entity Name will be the same.
2. Legal Entity Physical Address Enter the Legal Entity Street Address, City, State, Zip + 4 (e.g. 700 Kipling Street, Suite 1000, Lakewood, CO 80215-8957)
3. Are you a Colorado State Agency? (e.g. Colorado Department of Revenue, Colorado Department of Corrections, Colorado Department of Public Safety, etc.)
4. Legal Entity County Enter the County of your legal entity address
5. Entity's Fiscal Year End
6. Payment Mailing Address This will be used to match entries in the state financial system, regardless of payment type (EFT vs Mail)
7. Is your agency a Law Enforcement Agency in a rural county or municipality with a population of fewer than 50,000 persons, wholly located either east of Interstate 25 or west of the continental divide.
Complete the Goals & Outcomes and Budget section on the "Tables" tab.
If there is a character limit it will appear with each question. As you type a box indicates how many characters are remaining. There may be a slight discrepancy in character counts upon saving the answer. Carriage Returns count as two (2) characters when SAVED, but count as one (1) characters when TYPING/EDITING. The final characters count may be off by 1 character for each carriage return. You may need to shorten your answer if you initial answer uses the maximum character limit.
1. Project Start Date MM/DD/YYYY - Enter “01/01/2024” or a later date
2. Project End Date MM/DD/YYYY - Enter “12/31/2025” or an earlier date
3. Project Type Questions below will be conditionally visible based on this response.
4. Application Primary Contact: Name, Phone, email address This is the individual that will be contacted during the review period, and will be notified of award decisions and next steps.
5. Project Director: Name Enter salutation, first, last, title, agency (e.g. Mrs. Sally Smith, Program Coordinator, ABC Company)
6. Project Director: Email Address
7. Project Director: Phone Number
8. Financial Officer: Name Enter salutation, first, last, title, Agency (e.g. Mr. John Doe, Senior Accountant, ABC Accounting Services)
9. Financial Officer: Email Address
10. Financial Officer: Phone Number
11. Signature Authority: Name Enter salutation, first, last, title, agency (e.g. Ms. Jane Austen, County Commissioner Chair, ABC Company).
12. Signature Authority: Mailing Address Street Address, City, State, Zip + 4 (e.g. 700 Kipling Street, Suite 1000, Lakewood, CO 80215-8957
13. Signature Authority: Email Address
14. Signature Authority: Phone Number
Statement of Work
15. Project Summary When read separately from the rest of the application, this summary should serve as a succinct and accurate description of the proposed work.
16. Project Description Describe your project that will be funded with a grant award in detail. This description should include a statement explaining your needs using local information and data if available.
17. Eligible Activities Select all that Apply
18. Eligible Activities
19. Recruitment & Retention Describe how the grant would improve and support P.O.S.T.-certified and non-certified peace officer recruitment and retention.
20. Improve Relationships Describe how the project intends to improve relationships between law enforcement and the community.
21. Increasing Diversity Describe how the grant would improve and support increasing the diversity of P.O.S.T.-certified and non-certified law enforcement professionals and public safety employees to better reflect the community in which they work
Sustainability and Certification
22. Expand and Sustain How does your agency plan to expand and sustain this project after the grant funding ends?
23. Compliance with State and Local Laws
(answers are saved automatically when you move to another field)
Tables 1-3 below will be combined with other questions from the Application to create a complete Statement of Work and Budget. The text boxes are to the very right of your screen. You may expand those boxes by dragging the bottom right hand corner of each box.
Goals & Outcomes: These are the elements against which the project will be evaluated and which will be used to report quarterly and final progress. Using the format below; provide project/program goal(s), outcomes, measurement and timeframe. See instructions for further information.
Each position must be listed separately and be accompanied by a description that provides justification for the amount requested and details the basis for determining the cost of each position. For each position, explain how the salary and fringe benefit rates were determined. See instructions for further information. OT = Overtime When completing the budget for two years multiple the "Annual" Dollar amounts by 2.
Each item must be listed and be accompanied by a description that provides justification for the budget items and details the basis for determining the cost of each item. See instructions for further information.
The Required field below references documents that must be attached in order to submit the original application. This does not reflect other documents that are required upon award; for these documents, see the Grant Agreement tab for additional information and associated Reporting Schedule.
Follow the Reporting Schedule listed under Grant Agreement to determine which reports you should submit. If you need more "Report Tabs" contact your Grant Manager and they can be added for you. Select the Report type in question 1, the answer to this question will hide questions not relevant to each report type.
Financial Reports (DCJ Form 1-A) will be completed within ZoomGrants and attachments are not required.
Statistical and Narrative Report (DCJ Form 2) must be completed in JotForms (link below), downloaded from JotForms and uploaded in the Documents section below.