Best Starts for Kids (BSK) and the Housing, Homelessness and Community Services Division (HHCDD) of the King County Department of Community and Human Services (DCHS) are pleased to release this Request for Proposals (RFP).
It is the intent of this RFP to solicit agencies who could serve in one of two capacities:
- Agencies who would support the efforts of the Youth and Family Homelessness Prevention Initiative (YFHPI) by providing a fulltime case manager who will be highly trained to support King County households in maintaining housing stability using progressive engagement, Motivational Interviewing, and flexible funds where needed (DCHS is estimating up to 15 such awards); or
- Agencies who would provide rental assistance to YFHPI households identified to need the stand-alone support of rent without Intensive Case Management (DCHS is estimating approximately 1-2 such awards).
The following timeline represents the initial schedule of the RFP process. The dates listed here are subject to change. Applicants are responsible for monitoring ZoomGrants for any changes prior to the submittal deadline.
- Information Sessions: March 2 (1:00pm - 2:30pm) and March 10 (1:00pm - 2:30pm)
- Final Day for Questions: March 23
- Proposals Due: March 25 by 2:00pm