The Xeriscape Incentive Program (XIP) for HOA and Commercial properties promotes projects that convert high-water use landscapes to regionally adapted water-wise landscapes. If awarded, customers may receive $1.50/square foot of area converted, up to $15,000 per project. A limited number of grants will be awarded. Distribution of grant funds will require awardees to submit invoices documenting project expenses. Water Conservation will hold 25% of funding until the awardee submits final project completion report. Visit fcgov.com/xipXL for a comprehensive summary of the grant and evaluation criteria.
Dates and Deadlines
- Pre-applications due Mar. 12.
- Full applications due April 9.
- Awards will be announced via email in May 2021.
- If selected, project must be substantially completed by Oct. 15, 2021.
- If selected, final report due Dec. 31, 2021.
Steps to complete application:
- Complete the Contact Information page.
- Complete and submit the pre-application as soon as possible. The last date to submit a pre-application is March 12.
- Your pre-application will be reviewed within approximately one week of submittal. Please factor this into your timeline for submitting a full application by April 9, 2021.
- If the pre-application is approved, applicants will be notified via email and the full application will be made available in ZoomGrants. Approved pre-applications require scheduling an initial site visit. XIP Staff will reach out to applicants to schedule. If the pre-application is not approved, XIP Staff will contact applicants to discuss other possible programs that could support the proposed project.
- Complete the full application.
- Upload all required documents to the documents page.
- Submit full application and documents by April 9, 2021.
- Awards will be announced in May 2021 via email. There are a limited number of awards and funding is limited. If your application is not selected, staff will contact you to discuss other applicable programs or steps.