1 Create a ZoomGrants™ account (below) or log in to your existing account (above) 2 Select a Program to apply for, then click the Apply button to get started 3 Answer the questions and/or fill in the fields in each tab 4 If necessary, upload any requested documents 5 Submit your application and wait for a decision 6 If you are selected to receive funding, you might be required to submit invoices or reports through your application
Answers are saved automatically when you leave each field.
Turn SPELL-CHECKING on. Your browser probably has it, might as well use it.
Copying/pasting data works best when you are pasting UNFORMATTED text. (Bullets and other special characters do not transfer and are usually replaced with question marks.)
When you paste data into a field, the character count will be inaccurate until you add/delete at least one character.
Log out and come back at any time to continue your work, but be sure to finish and submit before the deadline.
This application pertains to FY 2020-2021 City of Chandler funding. The application covers both General Fund allocations and Federal Funds that are partially allocated to subrecipients. The applications will be reviewed for eligibility and evaluated based on program and community needs.
By entering your initials here you certify this submission truthfully and accurately represents your application and is hereby submitted for review. Submission of this application does not, in any way, guarantee that your application will yield a favorable result.
Submission of this application also
indicates your agreement to the
of using ZoomGrants™.
Some fields are still empty...
must first create a new account or
login to an existing account to save
3. The City of Chandler recently completed the 2019 Community Needs Assessment. What Population in Need are you proposing to serve? <a href=”https://www.chandleraz.gov/sites/default/files/City-of-Chandler-2019-REPORT-Community-Needs-Assessment-Full-Report-09.12.19%20final.pdf” target=”_blank”>2019 Community Needs Assessment</a>
4. The proposed request will support a program or service that best aligns with which Top Area of Need from the 2019 Community Needs Assessment? <a href=”https://www.chandleraz.gov/sites/default/files/City-of-Chandler-2019-REPORT-Community-Needs-Assessment-Full-Report-09.12.19%20final.pdf” target=”_blank”>2019 Community Needs Assessment</a>
5. The proposed request for funding will support a program, service, or capital project that best aligns with which of the following National Objective categories?
6. Is this a Collaborative Partner Application?
7. Please list your partner(s). Describe your partner(s) roles, responsibilities, and contributions.
8. Describe the enhancements and efficiencies that are achieved through the collaboration. Are you decreasing duplication?
9. Please explain your involvement with City of Chandler programs and For Our City Chandler.
10. Have you signed and uploaded the Certification list of documents to the Documents Tab required for application eligibility for General Funds?
This certification includes all of the General Fund eligibility requirements.
11. Have you signed and uploaded the Certification list of documents to the Documents Tab required for application eligibility for CDBG/HOME? This certification includes all of the CDBG and HOME eligibility requirements.
(answers are saved automatically when you move to another field)
1. What funding are you applying for?
2. Describe the unmet need the proposed program or service will address.
3. How will the proposed program or service meet the need described above?
4. What is the desired outcome(s) for this proposed program?
5. Describe how the program will meet the eligibility criteria for funding. Your response should explain the Top Area of Need and Target Population selected for General Fund or the National Objective for CDBG and HOME Funds.
6. Identify the target population to be served.
7. Number of <u>unduplicated</u> persons to be served by the program from July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021. Each number should be less than or equal to the number above.
8. Number of <u>unduplicated</u> households to be served by the program from July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021. Each number should be less than or equal to the number above.
9. Estimate the projected number of persons to be served by age with Chandler funds.
10. Estimate the projected number of persons to be served by Area Median Income (AMI) with Chandler funds. Current Area Median Income (AMI) table.
11. Estimate the projected number of households to be served by Area Median Income (AMI) with Chandler funds. Current Area Median Income (AMI) table.
12. Estimate the above number of persons to be served by the following categories with Chandler funds. Persons may fall into multiple categories, so please select all that apply for each demographic.
13. Describe the geographic area to be served. Be as specific as possible, including zip codes, census tracts, etc.
14. How many years has your organization been providing the proposed program or service? Detail the current staff experience to support this project.
15. How do you ensure client safety? Describe any training or certifications that you require.
16. What is your organization's mission? What core services are provided?
17. Describe the composition and function of your Board. How does your Board support your organization?
18. How do clients access your organization's programs or services?
19. What unit of service do you use to measure performance? Select the service that best applies.
20. Enter the projected number of units of service as described in Question #19 for the proposed program or service from July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021. Numbers Only.
21. Fund sources are always changing. How does your organization plan for sustainability to ensure continued service delivery?
22. Describe how volunteers are used in your program.
23. Describe how your organization collaborates with other organizations and / or government entities to make a positive impact to the Chandler community.
24. What other resources does your organization leverage to improve service delivery?
Additional CDBG and HOME Requirements
25. List the organization's five (5) most recent CDBG or HOME funded projects, including the grantor, award amount, brief project description, year, and total number served.
26. Provide a brief explanation of unspent funds and monitoring or audit findings for any CDBG or HOME funded projects.
27. Are there any known adverse environmental conditions on the proposed project site? If so, what are they and can they be mitigated through reasonable measures?
28. If there are any on-site structures subject to historic preservation requirements, briefly state how you plan to comply with applicable historic preservation requirements.
29. What will you do to assure that employment and / or job training opportunities for low-income individuals are provided in the development of your project, per HUD Section 3 requirements?
30. What steps will you take to hire businesses that are registered Minority-owned Business Enterprise (MBE) or Women-owned Business Enterprise (WBE) firms?
31. Does the current zoning conform to your proposed use of the project site? Are there any deed restrictions, land covenants, etc. that would prevent use of the site as proposed? Describe any land use restrictions and how you plan to overcome them.
32. Will this proposed project result in any temporary or permanent displacement of residents? If so, describe your process to mitigate displacement.
33. Describe any substandard or deficient condition(s) present at the site and how they impact functionality or otherwise negatively impact operations. Provide relevant data to support your assessment.
34. Describe the level of experience your organization has in preparing HUD funded scopes of work, invitations to bid, and contractor procurement.
35. Explain your familiarity with Davis-Bacon wage rates. Does your project budget reflect Davis-Bacon wage rates if applicable?
36. HOME funding requires a 25% match. List the required match amount and source(s).
37. Describe the market demand and probable success of the activity. What measures will be taken to ensure initial and continued affordability? This question only applies to Homeownership and Rental Projects. Please answer N/A if applying for another type of HOME project.
38. Describe the proposed site or neighborhood and your considerations for selection.
Please include your program or project budget utilizing the budget categories as presented. Additional lines are available, if needed. Your overall agency budget should be uploaded to the Documents Tab.
Chandler Funding Request
Total $ 0.00
Total $ 0.00
Total $ 0.00
Budget Narrative (Discuss the items and amounts you entered above.)
(answers are saved automatically when you move to another field)
This tab only needs to be completed for CDBG public facility/public improvement projects. Please complete the timeline of events. Keep in mind that all bid packages must be reviewed and approved by the City of Chandler prior to solicitation.
A link to the report template for Fiscal Year 2019-2020 was sent via ZoomGrants with the fully executed contract. This report template includes instructions, tutorial, and report form to be submitted for each month during the grant, along with the final report that automatically calculates demographic information from the monthly reports. Please upload the completed report form for the respective month, labeling the document as "Progress Report - "month/year". For example: The completed report form should be LABELED, "Progress Report - July 2019" and then UPLOADED into the report tab titled 8/15/2019.